- Hope Lives Here
- ADDRESSING CHRONIC PAIN WITH MINDFULNESS
- SAINT FRANCIS SETS ROBOTIC SURGERY TEACHING DAY
- VISIT SAINT FRANCIS HOSPITAL'S ROBOT
- SAINT FRANCIS OFFERS MILITARY WELLNESS PROGRAM
- NEW LOCATION - Cancer Teaching Day set
- NEW LOCATION: Trauma/Critical Care Conference Set
- FREE Asthma Screenings October 19
- Saint Francis Hospital Welcomes Diana Silverman, DO
- Saint Francis Hospital Names New CEO
- Saint Francis Magazine 2013 edition
- Saint Francis Hospital to Serve the Military
- Back Pain? Dr. Hansraj published on CNN.com
- DR. KOUTCHER LEADS CANCER CENTER
- 100 YEARS YOUNG: COME & EXPERIENCE THE NEW SAINT FRANCIS
- "Innovations" Newsletter Out Now
- Fellow Surgeon Observes Robotic Surgery
- Healthcare Changes Discussed
- Mega Tree
- Dr. Hansraj authors new book on spinal care
- Click here for Meditech help!
- Home Care Career Day August 20
- Home Aide Gets State Award
- Nursing Scholarships Awarded
- Saint Francis Stages Disaster Drill
- Preschool program turns 30
- Award for Nursing Excellence
- Cancer Center subject of new video
- Saint Francis Tops in State
- Hospital awards highest honor
- Walk/Run events benefits Panichi Center
- Physician Award
- Watch our Commercials
- Saint Francis Offers Nursing, Health Scholarships
- Memorial Event Raises $20,000
- Annual Hoops Event Set For March 20
- Saint Francis Hospital Seeks Nominees for Physician Award
- Operating Rooms Have Latex-Free Environment
- Event Benefits Panichi Center
- Taste of the Hudson Valley
- Doctors of Excellence Named
- Long-term Employees Saluted
- 5 Presented Franciscan Award
- Psychiatric Services Accredited
- Cancer Center Relocates
- HOSPITAL VIDEO WINS CANCER AD AWARD
- Accolades, Awards
- Pastoral Care
- Community Service Plan
Doctors of Excellence Named
Saint Francis Hospital’s 12th annual Award for Physician Excellence was awarded to Orthopedist Gregory Chiaramonte (private practice award recipient) and Leon Isaac, Medical Director of SFH’s Laboratory (hospital-based award recipient), at a ceremony following the March 28 Medical Staff meeting.
It was an emotional ceremony with each recipient receiving rousing standing ovations from their fellow physicians and clinical, and administrative employees who filled the conference rooms to capacity. Members of the Chiaramonte and Isaac families, secreted away prior to the ceremony, joined the two men when they were announced.
“This is overwhelming,” said Dr. Isaac, who thanked the Lab team and his family for their support over the years. At the end of his acceptance remarks, Chiaramonte got a good laugh quoting actress Sally Fields’ Oscar acceptance speech.
“You like me, you really like me!” he said.
President & CEO Bob Savage introduced the winners as chosen by a Selection Committee. He introduced and thanked all of the 27 nominees all of whom received certificates from Chief Medical Officer Dr. J. Keith Festa and Assistant Vice President of Clinical Nursing Services Pat Nocket, RN.
“We are fortunate at Saint Francis to have such a group of strong, dedicated and caring individuals,” said Savage. Noting the large turnout of physicians, he added, “This truly is a team.”
Dr. Mark Foster, President of the Medical Staff, reflected on the importance of the annual award and emphasized the importance of good communications between physicians and patients. It was a message conveyed also by Patient Representative Bob Hess, RN, who stressed using laymen’s terms not medical jargon when communicating with patients.
George Prisco, newly named Vice President for Development, described a new component of the Foundation: the Physician Liaison.
“It’s basically talking to you and listening to you,” said Prisco. “What is it about Saint Francis that drives you crazy and you’d love to see changed. What is it that we do really well that we need to replicate? And just as important: meeting with your office staff and finding out can they get those faxes through? Can they make those appointments? Do they know who to call? Do they know we have a Center for Balance & Mobility? And we do have to come out and have a little lunch and learn session with them?”
Kenneth Oclatis, Ph.D., made a brief presentation on the Center for Balance & Mobility.
Also attending the meeting was Beth Rogers, Executive Director of the Dutchess County Medical Society who described a new program offered to the public.
“We’re launching the get to know before they go, that will allow them to give us a call, access our website, on to a Facebook or Twitter account and get to know a little about the physicians in the area, your accomplishments and your credentials,” she said. “We give them referrals and if there are any problems we’re kind of a mid-step between the doctor and OPMC; if the patient is frustrated they can give us a call or write us a letter and we’ll try to mediate the situation, so we’re almost a friend of both sides. This way we can try to forgo any kind of litigation that might come your way.”
Dr. Isaac was praised in nominations for demonstrating great concern and passion for each patient. His accessibility and respect for co-workers is highly regarded as well as his tireless efforts to guarantee patients receive the correct diagnosis.
Dr. Chiaramonte, who has been serving the needs of the Hudson Valley for over 30 years, was commended for his outstanding compassion, the respect he shows all patients and the attention to detail is meticulous, consistently reviewing each variable and fostering relationships amongst staff and patients.
The 2012 Award Nominees were Dr. Ziad Elie Abouezzi, Dr. Sadaf Ahsan, Dr. Asghar Anwar, Dr. Carl Barbera, Dr. Mark Bodack, Dr. Theodora S. Budnik, Dr. Gregory Chiaramonte, Dr. David Cho, Dr. Davide DeBellis, Dr. Michael Dunham, Dr. Leon A. Isaac, Dr. Essam Jacob, Dr. Edward Kirby, Dr. Lawrence Koutcher, Dr. Lobsang T. Lhungay, Dr. Mark Libin, Dr. Alan Mandel, Dr. Arthur W. Menken, Dr. Jayesh Modi, Dr. Syed Hasan Naqvi, Dr. Anita Pavels, Dr. Snehal Sheth, Dr. Ravinder Sidhu, Dr. Daniela Stokes, Dr. Padma Surampudi, Dr. Michael Susco, Dr. Robert E. Tomkins