- Hope Lives Here
- Saint Francis Hospital to Serve the Military
- Back Pain? Dr. Hansraj published on CNN.com
- DR. KOUTCHER LEADS CANCER CENTER
- 100 YEARS YOUNG: COME & EXPERIENCE THE NEW SAINT FRANCIS
- "Innovations" Newsletter Out Now
- Fellow Surgeon Observes Robotic Surgery
- Healthcare Changes Discussed
- Mega Tree
- Dr. Hansraj authors new book on spinal care
- Click here for Meditech help!
- Saint Francis Gets Top Safety Rating
- Home Care Career Day August 20
- Home Aide Gets State Award
- Nursing Scholarships Awarded
- Saint Francis Stages Disaster Drill
- Preschool program turns 30
- Award for Nursing Excellence
- Cancer Center subject of new video
- Saint Francis Tops in State
- Hospital awards highest honor
- Walk/Run events benefits Panichi Center
- Physician Award
- Watch our Commercials
- Saint Francis Offers Nursing, Health Scholarships
- Memorial Event Raises $20,000
- Annual Hoops Event Set For March 20
- Saint Francis Hospital Seeks Nominees for Physician Award
- Operating Rooms Have Latex-Free Environment
- Event Benefits Panichi Center
- Taste of the Hudson Valley
- Doctors of Excellence Named
- Long-term Employees Saluted
- 5 Presented Franciscan Award
- Psychiatric Services Accredited
- Cancer Center Relocates
- HOSPITAL VIDEO WINS CANCER AD AWARD
- Accolades, Awards
- Pastoral Care
- Community Service Plan
Saint Francis Offers Nursing, Health Scholarships
Poughkeepsie- Saint Francis Hospital and Health Centers is accepting applications for the 2011 Nursing and Allied Health Careers Scholarship program. The annual program, now celebrating its 21st year helping those who strengthen out community, provides financial support to students pursuing degrees in health care.
“Last year 13 students received $13,000 in scholarship money,” says Nicholas Shannon, Special Events Manager of the program sponsoring Saint Francis Health Care Foundation. “These scholarships are made possible, in part, through the generosity of community members. We are grateful for the growing support of the program and are looking forward to another year of awarding talented and deserving students.”
To qualify for this financial award, applicants must have a Grade Point Average of 3.0 (B) and must be a resident of Dutchess, Ulster, Orange, Putnam, or Columbia counties. Pre-med majors do not quality.
Applicant must be currently enrolled or have proof of acceptance at an accredited college or university as a full or part-time graduate or undergraduate student in a nursing or allied health care curriculum.
The Scholarship Committee, chaired by Owen Clarke Jr., will evaluate all academic records and letters of recommendation. Finalists will be chosen for personal interviews in early May. Scholarships for the upcoming academic year, ranging in monetary value from $500 to $1,500, will be announced in May/June.
Completed application forms must be returned to the Saint Francis Health Care Foundation office by April 19. Faxed applications will not be accepted. For application forms and/or more information call the Foundation at 845-431-8707.